snow storm!!

Tallinn Travel Blog

random stairs
We got off, grabbed some money and went in search of a hostel, we succeeded in finding one that was half the price of some and settled in. it was snowing pretty heavily but out we went for a wander in search of food. Had some chicken soup and then some sugar roasted almonds from a street vendor. Then continued to investigate the streets, found some cute little art places and lots of woolly socks. Jackie went back for a rest and I went for a walk I found an ice skating rink so i went back and got her and we got our skates on. after that went to a medieval restaurant called the pepper sack, I had frogs legs (soo tasted like chicken!!) and Jackie had an ox steak! Yum!!

Next morning we were gonna try and get some more pictures but there was a massive snow storm, we went to try and brave it but it was a bit ridiculous. went down into the town square for the first day of the christmas markets and i got a hot wine and some mittens to go over my fingers were freezing...about minus 5 by this time!!! Had a look in a few more shops then went into a really cute little place for yet more soup...of the meat sort this time and a local liquer coffee. Again warmed up we set off for the shopping mall on the new side of town, the snow storm had really kicked up a gear now and was ripping perspecs off ouside lighting etc, a bit scary!!! Got inside and had a bit of a shooping spree!!! More gloves, 2 travel guides, a bikini (yes thats right), heavy duty lipbalm, postcards etc. Then we went put to brave the storm once more, it was still pretty bad so stopped of in an amber shop and i got myself my much waited for piece of amber on a ring. Went and had a rest and got the hostel guy to shovel buckets of snow out of our room that someone had let in through an open window. Out for dinner again, meat soup this time, cool waiter...again a medieval theme.

Went out after dinner and the wind had gone and it was lovely outside, we had a bit of a play in the snow and then back to the hostel. I had a 7am bus out of town and was trying to organise a taxi but the roads were all snowed in and they werent answeing the just had to go to bed with the plan of getting up at 5.30 am for the 45minute walk in the snow to the bus station.
photo by: Chokk