My Neighborhood

Hallandale Travel Blog

This is my neighborhood
Mi Barrio, en español
I was building my website and wanted to have so badly a cappuccino, but I realized that I didn’t have milk in my refrigerator. So with the mission of getting milk and inspired other to travel I get in to this short travel experience through my neighborhood.

I live in Hallandale, Florida. I am located between the two most important cities in Florida, which are Miami and Fort Lauderdale.

We all dream about travel around the world, but how many time we give us the opportunity to appreciate our neighborhood? So I got my camera and went for a short walk up to my grocery store not only to get milk, but also to discover how much I am missing in front of my nose.

From Mi BarrioFrom The street
Most of the architecture around my home is from the 70’s, but thanks for the boom in Real Estate of 2005 we start seeing going up new high rise buildings. Even today with the Real Estate market down still very expensive to get into those buildings.

The majority of those people in those buildings use those apartment as a vacation homes or “winter homes” if you know what I mean. So from September to May we start seeing around here more action.
If I go over the bridge I have pretty much all what I need to make my life comfortable, from grocery stores up to spas. So would not be fare for me to complain abut my neighborhood. From El Puente
I have a Wal-Mart opens 24 hours/7 days a week, I have a bank that is also open 7 days a week, which I have to make a short stop to get money to buy my milk.
Also I do have my choices for fast food and a Starbucks Coffee, which I am not such a fun. If you come here and want to have a good coffee, visit “The Barista” located right on Hollywood Downtown, 5 minute drive from here.

From Mira mas fotos de mi barrio

I also have this sign that I never see before. How many things are we missing of our neighborhoods. From My neighborhoodOffice Max to get my office supplies, From My neighborhood
Panera to get my fresh bread and sometime their pesto chicken sandwich, which is delicious. From My neighborhood

Small restaurants with sitting on the side walk, which are great for the afternoons here in Florida. From My neighborhood
"Piola"Restaurant running by Argentines From My neighborhood
Liquor store it is always handy to have close to home From My neighborhood
And Christmas Tree for just only $44.99 From My neighborhood
Ah! Here is my milk.From My neighborhood
Ok, time to go back… I am going to prepare a nice cappuccino and toast. My recipe for toast: after toasting the bread, put butter, cinnamon and sugar.
From Foto desde el puente