Under the weather then off to Bali

Kuala Lumpur Travel Blog

Well, the last few days since Nick left have been spent lying around with a rather nasty bout of flu. Probably aggravated by some rum and cokes on Friday, saturday I was sick about twenty times and had to go to the hospital in the end when my whole upper body cramped up. Which was not so fun....probably the worst day of my trip so far. Sophie who runs The Red Palm where I've been staying was lovely, she took me to the hospital and stayed with me until i persuaded them to discharge me with a big bag of medicine (my skills of injection-dodging being on their top form....).

So yeh, I'm fine now and tomorrow I fly off to Bali :) I've already booked a place on a boat trip to the Komodo islands for early May and I leave for Singapore on the 17th. So nearly 4 weeks of beautiful tropical islands ahead of me, including the stunning Kelimutu crater lakes, which are three volcanic crater lakes, each a different colour. At the moment one is brown, one green and one blue but they have been known to be red and even black in past decades. Also a good week in Ubud perfecting my batik skills and a trip to the Gilli Islands, as I mentioned before. Anyway, just a quick update, bring on Bali! :)