Three Countries in 24 Hours

Singapore Travel Blog

Singapore airport is absolutely fantastic. I'm currently in departures using the free internet, I just watched a movie in the free movie lounge and I had vegetarian indian thali for dinner. I took the first of my flights earlier this afternoon and am about to board the next, which is to Sydney with a one hour stop in Adelaide. Then from Sydney I go to Cairns, finally arriving at 4:30pm tomorrow. Long trip! I've been glued to my Lonely Planet this afternoon and am trying to psych myself up for moving around again and my return to western culture. Not having much luck.

Lembongan was fantastic, we saw some beautiful beaches and I gave in and did some diving with manta rays. They were mind-bogglingly huge; the biggest I saw was about 3m across and swam right above my head. Definitely worth the expense, an unforgettable dive. Alice has a friend from Lembongan so we got in touch with his brother Ketut, who took us out for snorkelling and beers on the beach. We also hired motorbikes and saw a bit of the island, though I was a wimp and opted to be on the back of Ketut's bike instead. Furthest I've got with motorbikes is having a go with Alice's in a car park. It's a start though!

Final night in Bali was lovely, we had drinks and pizza on the beach. Our friend Andy who rents out loungers on that section of the beach dotted some candles around and this random old bloke came over and played guitar. I can definitely see myself coming back to Bali, the people are lovely and there is so much more to see. But now, Australia! Ta ra for now.