Kicking back in the Cameron Highlands

Tanah Rata Travel Blog

Boh Tea estate, Cameron Highlands
Well, since my last update I have mostly been relaxing and enjoying my last few days with Jesse, who sadly has now left for home via a family thing in Israel. I hate goodbyes. Luckily Nick arrived on the 8th to spend his easter hols with me so I'm now enjoying his company instead of moping about. We spent a couple of days in KL seeing the Petronas Towers and the Batu Caves (again for me!). Nick has been thoroughly enjoying playing with his new fancy-pants camera and I'm enjoying the fact I don't need to get my camera out as often. We're now in the Cameron Highlands, home to stunning hills blanketed with huge tea plantations. We haven't really made a decision yet about where to go next. It would be nice to see some islands and beaches but we're on limited time so it doesn't look like we'll be doing that.
Don't want to waste two of our precious days on buses!
I've decided I want to spend longer in Asia so when Nick leaves I think I'll be heading to Bali for a couple of weeks. There's a town called Ubud where you can take courses in crafts like batik and traditional silver-smithing so I think I'd enjoy that. Plus some good diving, might finally see a whale shark! Also the stunning Gilli islands. Need to sort flights out and change my flights to Australia but thats easy peasy and I'm happy to spend less time in Australia. I was dithering between Bali and The Philippines but Bali sounds easier to travel and safer, which is something to think about now I'll be back on my own.
Really enjoying Tanah Rata, our town in the highlands, it has tons of indian restaurants where you can have dinner for about 2 pounds. I also had foot reflexology yesterday, which I'm not sure actually does what it says, but it felt pretty nice. Oh and yesterday we did a walk around some high-altitude rainforest. Very different to any other forest I've been to so far; every tree was coated with thick green moss and there were carnivorous pitcher plants and wild orchids everywhere. Amazing place.
Tanah Rata