Bloody Bagus in Bali

Legian Travel Blog

Bagus means good by the way.

So yeh, as predicted I have had a highly uneventful couple of weeks since my last post. Many a day spent lounging on the local beach, umbrella overhead and book in hand. I've never been much of a beach bunny but with the help of a comfy lounger and the large umbrella to shield my pathetic pasty skin it's been rather relaxing. I spent most of the time at the lovely local place where my friend Alice is staying, getting hooked on both Entourage and Weeds (those are TV series mum, don't worry) but unfortunately my room was pre-booked by a french hippy so I had to move out a couple of days ago. Have since been in another cheap place with a horrible cold shower but tonight is my last night there as I'm off to Lembongan!

Lembongan is an island off the south east coast of Bali. I did want to go diving there but in order to save the pennies I'm going to opt for snorkelling instead. I'll save my final bit of diving allowance for the great barrier reef. So two days relaxing and snorkelling on Lembongan with Alice and Deborah (American, we're representing the western world!) and then, on friday: Australia. Boo hoo. I'm still not keen on leaving Asia, I've had an extra six weeks more than I had originally planned and have enjoyed Indonesia. Asia is just so different from home, I'm worried Australia is going to seem dull in comparison. Not to mention expensive.... Never mind, I'm sure I'll enjoy it once I'm there! I have 2.5 weeks on the east coast so it'll be a bit of a rush job and then I've got 3.5 weeks in New Zealand.

New Zealand is the country I've been looking forward to from the start. I was going to work there, but given the economy and lack of jobs there at the moment I think I made the right decision spending longer in Asia instead. So I shall see it only as a tourist and I'm really excited. It'll be winter and freezing cold but the scenery just looks soooooo beautiful. Anyway, just thought I'd better make some sort of update, its late and I'm exhausted. Have to be up by 6am for the boat. So yup, I'm off!
photo by: yuness