Back in Bali

Legian Travel Blog

Greetings all,

This will be a short one, largely because I haven't been doing anything very much! Having done a quick VISA run to Singapore, from where I uploaded as many photos as possible (see last post) I am now back in Bali for a few weeks. I wasn't terribly excited by Singapore, I spent most of my time enjoying Roti (indian bread I got slightly addicted to in Malaysia) and in the internet cafe. However, I was lucky enough to bump into Eff from my Komodo boat trip, who was there as a hospital outpatient due to some problems with her foot. I was just wandering along the street and there she was, sitting outside a cafe. So I was lucky enough to have some company for a trip to the famous Raffles Hotel. It was posh, but the architecture wasn't as impressive as I had expected. I did very much enjoy a couple of glasses of white wine though at an extortionate 20 singapore dollars a pop, which we followed up with a cheese platter at a german restaurant.

So a happy ending to my brief visit and now I'm back in Bali for three weeks. I've found a ridiculously cheap place to stay, about 75 quid for 3 weeks with TV, hot showers, kitchen and laundry room. Lazing about bliss! So far I've spent hours lounging under an umbrella on the beach, drunk a fair amount of arak and got hooked on some new TV series. It feels odd to be in the same place for so long and I'm having to fight a bit of guilt about how lazy I'm being but I'm happy enough. It's good to have a break from the lugging of the bag and the 'so where shall I stay tonight?' dilemma. I'm planning on doing a couple of excursions to other bits of Bali, and in particular to do some diving at Lembongan (guaranteed manta ray sightings) and Tulamben (Liberty shipwreck). I may even be brave and make my first night dive, as its supposed to be spectacular at Amed.

Anyway, thats me for now, I'll make the odd blog post but seeing as I shan't be doing anything very much I doubt I'll have much to say! Have recently started thinking about the dreaded return to the UK and what on earth I'm going to do with myself. It may well be three weeks of procrastination!

Legian