An electrocuted European...!

Livingstone Travel Blog

Woke up 5am, having had an excellent sleep. Finished packing up by 5:30am and had porridge for breakfast before leaving at 6am on the long drive to Livingstone, Zambia's adventure capital. Not much of interest happened really - I slept and played cards and some ants bit my foot. Most interesting thing was crossing the South Luangwa River, where we couldn't take photos and where some people bought straw sombreros or fedoras for only US$1. We arrived at Waterfront campsite in time for lunch, then we heard about the different accomodation options and activity options. I helped Bon to set our tent up. For tea we went to the restaurant overlooking the water (the Zambezi River). Afterwards I sat in the bar for ages with the usual crowd. Headed back to my tent eventually, and was waiting outside the toilets for a friend, when a European guy (one we'd seen in the bar earlier cracking onto an English girl on the Acacia truck, who was also being cracked onto by the tour leader simultaneously - lots of groping involved!) staggered past me and wandered behind the toilets into the pitch black. About two seconds later I heard this *CRACK* *CRACK* and I looked down the black hole and saw he was getting electrocuted over and over again as he had fallen down on the electric fence and was too drunk to work out how to get up again! Anyway, I dragged him off the fence and into the male toilets and left him there...what a loony. Went to bed eventually, who knows what time.
derekmode says:
haha, maybe he learned his lesson
Posted on: May 31, 2009
skippyed says:
Sounds like the fence tried to crack onto him to!!!!
Posted on: Feb 11, 2009