Orange River

Noordoewer Travel Blog

Got up 6:30am and left camp at 8am heading for Orange River in South Africa. Had yummy porridge with honey treacle and banana for breakfast. We made it to our campsite Felix Unite by 11:30am. It was a beautiful spot with green grass right on the banks of the river. We set up our tents and sat around relaxing. I had a burger and chips for R25 which was a nice change from stale bread! Straight after lunch we headed off on a 2hr canoe trip (R150) from further up the river back down to camp. I was in a canoe with Dad. It was an exhausting trip cos Dad didn't want to let Hayley and Lloyd beat us. PADDLE HARDER! PADDLE HARDER! I was so glad when I saw the campsite in the distance. By the time I got there I was buggered and my arms, back and shoulder really really tired. We had a really nice swim to cool off and relax then I had a nice hot shower and washed my hair. Bought a Coke and played shithead with Rosie, Simon, Dad and Jacob for awhile, and got some free postcards from the shop. For tea we had yummy spaghetti with apples and oranges for dessert. Susan and I ate most of the apples - she was a bit drunk which was funny! I was on truck cleaning duty in the evening and after that was done I played cards with Simon, Lee and Susan. We played spit, then Susan's weird version of that called split, at which Susan cheated A LOT making it quite hilarious and impossible for me to win. Played shithead for awhile then went to check out what was happening at the bar. Lloyd was pool champion for 7 or 8 rounds but then Rosie beat him and was champion for 4-5 rounds, even beating the locals. I headed to bed about 9:30am and talked to Tammy for a bit before falling asleep.
Noordoewer