Into Zambia

Chipata Travel Blog

Got up 6:10am, packed up and left camp heading for the Malawi-Zambia border. We stopped in Lilongwe for a bit but I stayed on the truck. We played a lot of blackjack and I listened to my ipod to pass the time. The border crossing was uneventful but time consuming. The visa cost US$50 but Shelley managed to get out of paying as they never asked for her money! We made it to our campsite Mama Rula at Chipata at around 2pm, had lunch then I did a bit of washing. We finally found the pool and spent the afternoon smashing the balls into each others heads until, inevitably, someone got hurt. That someone was me, when Adrian smashed a basketball at full pelt into my face from 2m away. It was like being slapped really hard and getting whiplash at the same time. Like I said, it was inevitably going to happen to someone though, so he can't be blamed! I got out of the pool then and had a shower before lying down for awhile in the tent before tea. Tea was nice - beef stew with pasta - but I didn't have much as I wasn't feeling very hungry and my neck was hurting quite a bit. Karl gave me a remedial massage which was nice of him. After tea I was on washing utensils then headed to the bar. We stayed up for ages just talking crap and watching really bad TV on the bar television. At 3:30am went back to the tent and took my washing off the line before packing up the rest of my stuff (yes we had a very early start!).
photo by: runnofun