Hello Hong Kong!

Hong Kong Travel Blog

When we arrived we passed through customs + immigration uneventfully then purchased an Octopus card for HK$150, which we used to purchase our HK$33 bus fare to stop 13 on route A21, which was very very close to our hostel/guesthouse; Yiu Fai Guesthouse. We were paying US$92 for 2 nights in a twin room with private bathroom which wasn't too bad. We were met by our host Raymond who was a very friendly fellow and shown to our room - it was very very shoebox like but suited our purposes just fine. We then headed out to explore. It was insane to see so many people after having been in non-population dense areas for so long now! And all the neon lights were amazing. Our first stop was at McDonalds for a quick tea, then we headed to the Temple St Night Market. I didn't buy too much - just four cloth patches for HK$20 each of Honduras, Mexico, Hong Kong + Switzerland, and 2 cute dog purses for HK$10 each. We then walked to the Ladies Market where I just bought a fake silver Tiffanys charm bracelet - pretty, but rather blingey for my tastes! Afterwards caught the MTR back to the guesthouse as my knees and feet were killing. Bed 12:30am. Big day planned for tomorrow - so much we want to see!