Etosha National Park

Etosha Travel Blog

Steenbok
Got up around 4, 4:15am and helped to prepare breakfast as Susan (and Rosie) had come down with a flu-like illness. Left just before 6:30am, our destination being Etosha National Park. Stopped around 10am for an hour and I bought a chocolate muffin and candles for Susan's birthday tomorrow. I think Sue bought a couple of cakes too, and a card. We didn't stop for lunch, instead picking up a bunch of sandwiches at a roadside servo. We made it to Namutoni Resort, our campsite for the night, in good time and after pitching our tents went on a game drive for just under 3hrs. We saw huge herds of giraffe, oryxes, flamingoes, foxes, black-backed jackals, and a lot of animals we'd already seen. At just before 7pm we returned to camp where dinner was almost ready - curried veggie soup, spag bol + mango - which was great as I was on cooking duty! After tea I had a shower where the shower head was bowl sized, then headed to the water hole. It was floodlit, and we saw birds swimming and antelope grazing and fighting. The thunder provided a great backdrop. Headed to bed cold and tired to the sound of lions roaring nearby. Karl and Odin, the last ones up, got told to go to bed by the security guard who thought the lion/s might be in the campsite!
Banded mongoose