Back to Stone Town

Zanzibar Travel Blog

Woke up just in time for breakfast (I had two ladies fingers bananas and a bit of bread) and checked out at 10am. I was still a bit sick. Spent the whole morning sleeping in the shade on the beach, although the bottoms of my legs got burnt when the sun moved and I was still asleep. Went with the others to lunch at around 1pm, but I had nothing but cold water and couldn't even manage much of that. Was sick again. Saw Mum and Tania during lunch, they had come up for the day with Jami and Cameron, Dad and Hamish who had gone snorkelling. Mum had a massage for US$10 and I had a pedicure including nail cut and re-polish and massage for the same price. Tania had henna done on her finger and Jenni some more on her foot. At 4pm we caught the minvan back to Stone Town. Relaxed for ages after checking back into the Karibu Inn, then did a lot of shopping at three great shops called Zanzibar Gallery, Memories and One Way. Headed next door to Badha Vegetarian Restaurant for tea. I just had 2 masala roti and a Sprite. The others had amazing thalis, I was so jealous! Headed to bed straight after tea.
Zanzibar