Arriving in Africa!

Addis Ababa Travel Blog

Well I'm now sitting in Addis Ababa's Bole airport. The women are so beautiful in their long colourful dresses and patterned headscarves. The flight over was good and I slept a lot. The only bad part was when someone was sick and they called for any doctors on board. No one responded so then they called for any doctors, nurses or anyone with any medical training. I felt so meek and small, and impossibly helpless! If only I was my friend Evelyn (who just graduated as a doctor)! I wished there was something I could do to help, and I also wondered if there actually was, with my veterinary training. I could have helped out with a pregnant woman giving birth, or something like that, but not with a heart attack, so I thought it best to stay silent. Anyway. The other food we got was fried chicken, rice and potatoes, 2 bread rolls, diced fruit, a yoghurt, a croissant, some biscuits with cream/cream cheese, and an orange juice. As we flew low preparing to land in Addis Ababa it was amazing to see all the different coloured fields and shanty towns. The fields weren't square and uniformly coloured like ours, they were all shapes and sizes and colours.
Addis Ababa