Sabang, trip to underground river

Sabang Travel Blog

We checked out a packaged day trip to Sabang and trip to the underground river, a World Heritage site costing 1500 pesos including return taxi ride, entrance fees, boat ride and lunch. Myself, Christine and Mailee booked this trip and soon we were on way way in a shared van. When we reached Sabang beach we found there was the Miss Earth beauty Pageants bikini contest was scheduled there and the final was on that same day.

Maan, were we delighted and soon started clicking photos of the beautiful ladies in swimwear from all around the world. Some of them were looking no more than 18 years, and some of them were really tall.  Later we proceeded to the subterranean river national park for the underground river trip which was really something amazing. This was the first time in my life I took a boat ride in a river beneath the mountains. The stalagmites and stalactites formation inside the caves were really a sight to look at and people had given names for some of the shapes of formations they resembled. There were a few bats and birds inside and the ride was around 1½ hrs. When outside the cave we proceeded towards the beach side restaurants for lunch and again went to check out he beauty pageant as today was the final round of the bikini contest. Here too I was missing my main camera as you can see the photos from the mobile camera did not come out too well focused.

On the way back we stopped at a few more places for photos and by evening we were on our way back when I received a call from my Office. Arrrrgh. I had given this number to a very good colleague of mine with specific instructions to call me only in case of severe emergencies. Seems everyone in the office were desperately trying to get in touch with me as there was a major major escalation with an account I was handling and my presence was very much required to douse the flaming users. So started calling the Cebu Pacific airlines and it kept putting me in a queue, was able to get hold of an agent after trying numerous times for almost 30 min. Blocked my ticket for the next day morning flight from Puerto Princesca to Manila where I planned to go into my company’s office and attend to emails and conference calls. But I needed to collect my tickets and make the payments before 5pm as that’s the time the airlines office closes and it was already 4:30pm, so had to ask the van driver to rush back. Since this was a last minute booking the airlines were charging me P6500 and I started counting the money left on me, as it turns out I only had P5500 left, so either had to borrow money from Christine and Mailee or hit the ATM.
When we reached the airlines couter at dot 5PM, the security guy informs that the office is closed and no one can go in. HUH!!. We tried to explain him my situation and the need to go to Manila the next day urgently, but he did not relent, did not allow us to go in and talk to any of the booking agents.
Miss Earth candidates
So there I was standing and thinking about the alternatives which was to go to the airport next day morning and check out the first available flight to Manila by any airlines. But the security guard gives us an important tip, to go to a travel agent just behind that building and try out there as it remains open till 7pm. Well, I ran to that travel agents office hoping to get a confirmed flight tickets with any airlines. Well it seems seats are available on Cebu Pacific itself on an early morning flight and here comes the best part as a big surprise, the cost of the flight charged by this travel agent was only P3600. I would not believe this for sometime and had a hard time controlling my surprise and came running back with ticket in hand and happy that saved some P3000. I was relaxed and we decided to get some coffee to get refreshed after running around the whole day. I had to pick the bill as I saved money on the flight tickets.
Miss Earth candidates
With Christine back from Undergrou…
With Christine back from Undergro…
Sabang