#64 - OMG, what a day (and night!) in bangkok
Bangkok Travel Blog› entry 64 of 113 › view all entries
i'm pretty behing on updating my blog - i just haven't had as much time & as good of internet access recently, so bear with me!
here's the overview of today - i will come back & write more soon. :)
- got up super early & made it to the Grand Palace/Emerald Buddha right when they opened - very cool stuff - enjoyed walking around, taking it all in, but man - it was HOT
- went to Wat Po & saw the reclining buddha & then headed straight for the massage place :) i'm loving the thai massages so much
- then, decided to go see the Royal Barges....omg - what an adventure. i ended up walking down these crazy "streets", over wooden planks & pools of mud, through people's backyards, etc. to get there.
- then i took the "express" boat down the river to get closer to my hotel....it was SO crowded it was hilarious
- i was planning to go back to my hotel, shower & get ready to go out to the moon bar, but there really wasn't time - it takes so long to get places around bangkok that i just decided to go straight there
- then moon bar - HILARIOUS night. first i befriended this german couple in the elevator, they were very sweet & asked me to sit with them at the bar...so i hung out with them for awhile until they left to go to dinner
- when they left though, they had this confrontation with these 2 adorable gay men at the bar - i didn't understand what was going on, but apparently the woman was saying something very vulgar & rude in german & one of the guys could not stand for it anymore
- anyway, so then i ended up hanging out with those guys for awhile before they went to dinner
- then, as i was leaving the bar to go back to my hotel and watch "Happy Feet" (i'm not lying - i had borrowed it from the front desk & was going to watch it - i know, so lame for being in bangkok, but i didn't really want to go out late by myself)
- BUT then, met these 2 very nice guys in the elevator (both cathay pacific pilots - and actually one of them knew someone i had met in New Zealand! remember the biking group i kept running into in the catlains? anyway, there was a cathay pacific pilot in that group to) - anyway - they invited me to dinner.
- so, my night of going home to watch "happy feet" turned out VERY VERY different!!!
I HOPE TO POST PICTURES SOON!