#63 - one night in bangkok! (i just had to write that)

Bangkok Travel Blog

Great first day in Bangkok!
When to the Chatuchuk Market & basically got lost in all the stalls of food, t-shirts, pets, & many random other things!
Got an hour massage for $8!!!!  It was AWESOME!!!
Then, went to Siam Square & checked out the ENORMOUS shopping mall.
It was SO hot outside, I was so happy to be in air conditioning! :)
Decided to see a movie...the Curious Case of Benjamin Button.  And the way they do movies here was definitely worth it...I had a reclining chair with a silk blanket & pillow!  So awesome.  And I LOVED the movie.

I'll update this & my previous entries when I have more time & will update pics soon too!

Just booked my ticket to Phuket for Monday...so I will actually have 3 nights in Bangkok instead of 1.  :)

musicdan says:
$8 for a massage? Prices have increased. Are they still 300 baht? non? Phuket? Babe - go to the other side!!! Ko Phangan and Koh Tao islands are the best. On Koh Phangan, go to "Haad Yuan" beach and stay at Bamboo Bungalow. On Koh Tao, go to "Sairee Beach" and get any bungalow on the beach!! Don't get sucked into the cheesy touristy "Tijuana-style" Phuket stuff. you'll find out on your own. Enjoy every moment. Miss you. p.s. I havent received even one email from you since you left. I guess I'm not on your "cool person list". Ugh.
Posted on: Feb 23, 2009
The sky train!
The sky train!
Public grooming.  :)
Public grooming. :)
That was my masseuse.
That was my masseuse.
The massage place in the market.
The massage place in the market.
I went to the movies becuse it was…
I went to the movies becuse it wa…
Seriously?
Seriously?
Escalators at Siam Square.
Escalators at Siam Square.
Bangkok