#54 - exploring st. kilda & doing a bit of ozzie planning

Melbourne Travel Blog

Lake in Albert Park.

I started my day with a flat white along Clarendon street & then I went back to Steve & Naomi's to do a bit of planning for the rest of my trip.  It took me much longer than I thought it would to find a trip down the Great Ocean Road.  I decided I'd try the "organized trip" route instead of renting a car this time.  There are 3-day trips & I thought that sounded like a good way to get to Adelaide.  Unfortunately, so many of the companies I called were booked out until the 19th!  So, when I finally got a hold of one company that could go this Sunday, I jumped on it.   They asked me to come by their office to pick up the ticket  & it was in St. Kilda, so I decided to make a day out of it.

My running path today!
  St. Kilda is not that far from where I'm staying & it's right by Albert Park...so I decided to run there.  I ran around the lake & then down to St. Kilda.

I have to admit, I'm a little bit nervous about the trip that I booked.  I walked into the office & there were tons of people in there half my age.  I will be very interested to see what the trip turns out to be like.  At the very least, I upgraded from staying in dorm rooms, so at least I'll have my own space at night!  Should be interesting...stay tuned!

While I was over in St. Kilda, I saw that the Slumdog Millionaire was playing at 4:30pm. I've been dying to see it, so I got a ticket.  What a wonderful movie - it was SO well done!  I really enjoyed it & it was nice to see a movie - I realized it had been so long since I've actually gone to the movie theatre!

I ran back to Steve & Naomi's after the movie, went out for noodles for dinner & watched some t.v.

I'm feeling a little guilty that I haven't seen a lot of Melbourne - but I also feel like I've needed the past day & a half to just chill, make some plans & NOT be all over the place for a bit.  Anita Poon, a friend of mine from SF, introduced me to her friend Jonny, who just moved to Melbourne.  We chatted & decided that we'd meet up tomorrow around 11am to do some exploring of the city.  I love meeting up with friends of friends, so should be fun!

Lake in Albert  Park.
Lake in Albert Park.
My running path today!
View of South Melbourne from Alber…
View of South Melbourne from Albe…
Melbourne