Clue Number 3!

Gisborne Travel Blog

We didnt stop for long in Napier.  As beautiful as it was, Alex seemed eager to push on.... to where, again, I had no idea.  So we sat by the ocean for a few hours, admiring the particulary vidid blue before us over lunch at a quaint little resturant.

Once back in the car, Alex pulled the third envelope from her bag, the same as the previous.  It read

" This city is the first in the entire world to see the dawn of a new day"

Another easy one - Gisbourne!

I hadnt done much research on this corner of the North Island, and didnt really know what to expect..... didnt take us long to find out.   The town itself was far bigger than I had imagined, far bigger than Thames, but it somehow felt older, and less touristy.

Anyway, we soon located a beach front Holiday Park and managed to bag a bargin for the night, leaving us to have a proper wonder around.  Little time was spent loitering the commercial part of town - it was much the same as any other North Island town- it was the beach that had us enticed.  On that particular day the ocean was far from calm, and what with the surrounding jagged cliff faces in the bay, it all seemed incredibly raw.  We sat there for a long time, watching the waves and then walking along the shore, nosing at the beach front houses adjacent to the water.

The following morning I managed to haul ass out of bed early, but not early enough.  I had missed the sun rising in the first city in the world - but it still felt pretty special to know that I had been right underneath it :)

tinkering around...