Birthday Bonanza - Clue Number 2!

Napier Travel Blog

After a  relaxed evening and a lazy morning wonder around Lake Taupo, we got back in the car heading to the next unknown destination.  Taupo had got a massive thumbs up - I have already fallen in love with the Volcanos (Geology Geek Alert), and the Lake itself radiated this calmness - it was far bigger and more beautiful than I had imagined it would be (Apparently the same size as Singapore Island!).

But onwards......

We still seemed to be traveling south and it became inpossible to not try and guess where we were heading for two reasons; the first being my internal automatic sat-nav system - (I AM the navigator), and secondly I knew how Alex's mind worked.... we had spend over a year planning this trip together, heaped over maps and street guides for numerous NZ towns and cities, planning imaginery itineraries.  But still, I tried to remain in the uknown for as long as possible.   Then came my next clue.

" This NZ city is famous for its Art Deco Style & Architecture"

I could hardly believe it - I was stumped - I actually didnt know...... architecture is Alex's domain, geography mine, and it wasnt until a couple of hours after leaving Taupo, after passing more and more road signs that it clicked.....NAPIER!!

Napier