Jaisalmer- Rajasthan

Jaisalmer Travel Blog

Puskar at Laura's roof top

It was the morning of 12th November when we all decided to go Jaisalmer from Puskar. Initially it was two people who planned to travel there but at last moment the plans changed & others joined in. Now we had four more people along with me. All in all five people, we had mixed crowed from different parts of the world. Three girls(Poland, USA, Taiwan), two boys (Delhi & Gurgaon). We started around 2 p.m taking short cuts from Puskar to Jaisalmer.

On our way to Puskar
We stopped every possible crossing for directions were we were lost. It was fun asking villagers about the directions. Some villagers were able to answer us and some didn't. They usually explained us in there local language Rajasthani. It was difficult but not so much as we found people who could speak Hindi too. People were kind enough to answer our query. We finally took short cut passing through Jodhpur around 6.pm. It was getting darker and darker and the girls were hungry. We finally managed to stop at local Dhaba, were we found one family traveling from Gujarat had also stopped for supper. They had prepared nice meal for them self, traditional Gujarati food and they also offered us. We sat on the charpoy (a wooden bed with ropes tided on it). We ordered our meal which included chapatti, sabji, dal and salads. The people around us were looking as if they have never seen white people around.
 They staired us till we finished our meal. We ended up taking another seat, a little away from original place. After the meal we ordered chai before we headed towards Jaisalmer. I saw Beer shop near the Dhabha and i quickly grabed  one Beer from the near by shop and sat in car. It was around 8 pm and the roads were preety dark and empty, but I must say the roads were awesome as they had nice direction system. The girls at the back seat were talking among each other we in the front seat of the car were listing to there conversation. After a while me and my friend decided to plan Antrakshri. we sang for an hour while i was on the other hand sipping my beer. The roads were dark and no one was there on it except the light coming from our car. Some how we managed to reach Jaisalmer while singing in and having nice conversation. Initially we didn't believe that we were going to live inside the magnificent Fort which was built in 1156AD by Bhati Rajput ruler Rawal JaisalBhati.
On our way to Jaisalemer
  The fort stands proudly admist the golden stretches of the great
Thar Desert, on Trikuta Hill and had been the scene of many battles. Its massive yellow sandstone walls are a tawny lion color during the day, turning to a magical honey-gold as the sun sets and camouflages the fort making it appear a part of the picturesque yellow desert. Thus, it is also known as the "Golden Fort". It was my long time dream to stay in a place which had stored some history inside it, finally it came true when we spent one night there. The view from the ford is magnificent. When we arrived inside the fort we were asked followed and asked hundred times if we were interested to stay in one of their hotel. We saw lots of hotels before we checked in the planned hotel as we felt they were charging too much. The people from the hotel waked in the middle of the night and prepared the bed for us along with that they provided us with water.
Jaisalmer fort
Finally we took two rooms. Jessica slept on the roof top of hotel as she wanted sleep under stars. I asked her the region behind sleeping under the sky and to my surprise she mentioned that she never slept under the sky because in Taiwan they have only high-rise buildings and it is impossible to sleep on roof top. To be continued...............

Puskar at Lauras roof top