ODE TO ERIC AND DAVID

United States Travel Blog

LA MEET UP 2007

I first met Eric at the LA MEET UP in December 2007.  My first impression is OMG WOW!!! He looks like he is 12 HAHAHA. We talked about the many food reviews I have done in LA.  I gave he some suggestions on where to go.  We talked about my plans going to Antarctica and Galapagos islands. At that time, I had no plans as of yet, just dates. He had mentioned that his mom is Portia, who also created the TB logo and went to Antarctica a few years ago. I know that blog; I smiled quite a bit on that blog. We briefly talked and I also met his lovely girlfriend, Lisa.

I was fortunate to talk to Eric again at the LA (Marina Del Rey) MEET UP in May 2008. He had asked me about my trip to my beloved, Galapagos Islands.
MARINA DEL RAY MEET UP 2008
  We had a good conversation about that and I asked about Costa Rica. My ex boss has a house there and I wanted to ask his personal tips.  I remember asking him how he and his brother, David started TB. I have to add I was buzzed while I talking to Eric. I am sure he noticed it. I was more hyper than normal on top of talking about my beloved Galapagos.  Eric is very appreciative on everybody‚Äôs input on the site.  I would email him TB glitches and he would look into it and eventually it is solved.

I have not yet met David or their mom, Portia. Although, David and I have corresponded on TB many times regarding my photos of TB cakes, goodies, and TB shout outs. He and Portia were at the SF MEET UP in January 2008. I was in the east coast in CT and VA at the time. I wish I was there. I heard it was so far the largest attending TB meet up. I believe there were over 40 TBs.  I have corresponded with Portia as well. I would smile at her Antarctica blog. I have yet to meet both of you. HAPPY TRAVELS TO YOU ALL :D  THANKS FOR CREATING TRAVBUDDY!!!!

mellemel8 says:
i don't know eric. i guess when am in austin. i have friends in austin as well.
Posted on: Aug 13, 2009
Eric says:
And I don't really look 12...18, at least!
Posted on: Aug 12, 2009
Eric says:
When are you going to meet David? :)
Posted on: Aug 12, 2009