MEETING MY FIRST TBs

World Travel Blog

MARIT (SEPTEMBER 2007)

I messaged Marit (tvillingmarit) a few weeks ago that I will be in Trondheim during my Norway fjords voyages.  She and I have been chatting for weeks. I was looking forward to meet her. I emailed her my itinerary. I let her know when I was on my way to Trondheim.  I was emailing her from the boat.  I am offline when am on vacay mode. Since, I did not have a triband phone. This is the only way to keep in touch. Marit is one of the sweetest people I know. She welcomed us at the port. She spotted me right away. We gave each other a big hug. She took my mum and I a tour of her city. She knows history of her city very well. She gave me a book on Trondheim. She is so sweet and generous. She showed us where she lives and works.
TRACY, DORIS, ME AND SYBIL
She was a wonderful host. Mum and I took her out to lunch to thank her for a wonderful tour. If you are ever in Trondheim, Norway, you must message Marit.

SYBIL AND DORIS (OCTOBER 2007)

I chatted with Sybil first. She is a serious foodie. She has her own food review blog. How Sybil and I got to talking. She commented on my Scotland blog about how brave I was eating haggis and black pudding. We have been talking since. We have talked about going out to dinner when I visit LA.  I called Tracy (TRE69) if she is interested in having dinner with TBs.  she was kinda nervous about it but she came. Sybil bought her friend, Doris (martinikitty13). I did not add Doris until after dinner.  I have seen been to Doris’ page before, her Europe blog was featured. I will never forget that blog, it was all about food. I I knew she and I or all of us would get along. We met with Sybil and Doris at Bar Hayama, Japanese/sushi bar.  They were already drinking. We all shared a bottle of lychee sake. That is when I did not drink excessive yet.  Sybil and doris would tease me, calling me a lightweight.  These girls are serious drinkers. They may be small but they might out drink you. Sybil is also a GOOSE GIRL :D  we all had a riot. We were foodies. We all took photos of our food. we were armed with our cameras.  I had a good time with the girls. I look forward to more foodie adventure with both of you :D

mellemel8 says:
she is sooooo awesome :)
Posted on: Jan 23, 2009
poohstanggt says:
See, I didn't realize you had met Marit on your Norway trip! How awesome! And ohhhh...miss you and the foodie girls!
Posted on: Jan 23, 2009