MY INSANE 9 TB MEET UPS

United States Travel Blog

VEGAS III WITH ERIN, DON, ANGIE AND MEGAN

WERE YOU INVOLVED WITH THE CRAZINESS AND THE LIVER OLYMPICS WITH ME?!!??!

WOW!!!! 2008 was a year of meet ups. It all started with the LA meet up 2007 and it just escalated from there.  I went to 8 meet ups in 2008 and 1 in 2007 which is the first LA meet up. I have organized and co-organized 5 meet ups. It is quite exhausting emotional and physically. Some meet ups are one day, some are a weekend, and one was for 5 days. A basic meet up would have PRE, MAIN and POST.  I have met so many genuine people on this site. Some have been truly good friends to me.

LA (DECEMBER 8, 2007)

This was nerve racking night. Doris and Sybil both organized this meet up.
LA (12/8/2007)
  I arrived with Tracy (tre69) to drive to the Edison in downtown LA. I have never been. Doris has mentioned on the TB forum that she will be wearing RED. We arrived first. First of all we could not find the place; Tracy was ready to give up. shortly thereafter, I recognized roger (x_drive) and judy (hummingbird). Then Will (w_clemmons) and Mark (travelman727) arrived. This will be everyone firsts. It will insane trying to mingle. Slowly but surely everybody was coming in. Eric (co-founder) and his girlfriend, Lisa arrived.  Sybil and Doris was running late. Angel (jelly) who I have txting since July 2007 was drive up with the SD TBs.  Then Erin (poohstanggt) arrived.  She was stopping by for brief moments then go to Disneyland. There was about 22 TBs that showed up.  the meet up turned out well. Afterwards, we ate at roscoe’s chicken and waffles.  Thanks Doris and Sybil for organizing.
WE ARE ROCK STARS!!!
I WILL NEVER FORGET MY FIRST MEET UP.

“ROCKSTARS” (A FEW WEEKS AFTER)

I was login-ing on to TB and what do I see. Group photos of LA meet up on the left side. This photo was from jenn (jenn79) blog. I was surprised to see that. Unfortunately, Eric is not on the photo.  Eric and Lisa were grubbing at the bar at the time.  If some of you wandering who are they are......

TOP ROW: cneoridium, janene17, w_clemmons

MIDDLE ROW: martinikitty13, sybil, kelleeoo,poohstanggt,travelman727,X_Drive,

BOTTOM ROW: jenn79, ME (mellemel8),jelly

VEGAS (MARCH 1, 2008)

This is my first organized meet up.

VEGAS I (3/1/2008)
I posted up the on forum on February 1 and right away, plenty of TBs wanted to fly to Vegas to attend. This is a weekend meet up. there was a PRE, MAIN, and POST.  The pre was at the Diablo’s cantina, main was at the lucky bar at the red rock hotel  and post is hiking at red rock canyon. Only 3 flew down, Julz (flygurl), James (pearcetoyou) and Tuyen (tuyen99) then rest were local TBs and LA TBs.  Tracy and Angel drove up and stayed in my house. us 3 picked up Julz. She met us giggling in the car. John (jpchoi) who I met in before the meet up came. Heniz (jdax57) we have been chatting for year he arrived. Erin arrived as well with her friends since she use to live in Vegas. Then Sal (sincitytraveler) and RJ (rj82) arrived this was the start of the VCC. We all went dancing at cherry which was walking distance from the bar.  There were 14 TBs that show up, not bad for my first organized meet up.
LA(SANTA MONICA) (3/28/2008)

SANTA MONICA (MARCH 28, 2008)

This is was the infamous mini meet up then becomes a BIGGIE meet up. Joy (pvtjoy) organized this for Alina (alitoronto) from Cananda and Matt ((mattrilla) from UK. This was held at rusty’s surf ranch at the pier. I was looking forward to this it was new TBs from LA. This was only a day meet up. Joy picked me up at my mum’s house. it was nice to finally meet her.  We were having some good laughs in her SUV. There were few familiar faces, Sybil, Jenn, and of course Tracy. I met the foodie famous Alice (alicegourmet), she made TB cookies for all of us. She is so sweet to do that, Warren (ocwarren) the welcoming TB committee.  Dan (rotorhead85) from MI drove down. He said the funniest quote, “I CAN’T EAT ON AN EMPTY STOMACH” I met Tiffany (tiffybear24), she is one crazy girl.

PRE VEGAS II - (4/4/2008)
This is also the meet up that out of the 17, 5 guys arrived. Afterwards, we drove to ma’kai to go dancing.  Thanks Joy and Alice for organizing.

VEGAS (APRIL 5, 2008)

We had such a success with the first Vegas meet up. I decided to organize another one because Will is moving to the east coast and John (jpchoi) is moving to South Korea.  I wanted to throw them a farewell party. We had a cake made. There was a pre, main and post. The pre dinner was at the Terra Rosa, the main was 2 parts, hiking at red rock canyon in the afternoon and at night was at the three angry wives pub and dancing at cherry. The post was breakfast at the original pancake house.

VEGAS II - HIKING IN RED ROCK (4/5/2008)
Matt from UK arrived as well. Sven (svenman99) arrived OMG I thought he is Sal’s brother. They truly look alike. I was excited that Melissa (Melissa919) stopped by. The complete 3JXPRESS arrived, Jillian (jillianj), Joy (pvtjoy) and James (pearcetoyou).  James and I picked up Joy and Jillian at the airport. GOSH James and I were so excited it was just like meeting long lost relatives.  I was also excited to meet Harriet (africancrab), we met when I was commenting to Jeremy (vulindlela) about when about growing up in the 80’s I said” i know life was simple...no bills, no kids, no pressure, no bills, no car, no bills” then I get comment from Harriet that she thought that was hilarious. We have been friends since. 17 awesome TBs showed up. 6 flew in, 3 drove up, and the rest are locals. THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST MEET UP. MY FAVORITE, WE WERE BONDING IN SUCH A LARGE GROUP!!!! GOOD TIMES.
..GOOD TIMES.....

MARINA DEL RAY (MAY 17, 2008)

This meet up was out of control. Melissa (Melissa919) and I drove together to LA. We all have grown to know each other since the beginning.  Some of us slept at Joy’s house. The pre was in Monrovia at Mediterranean grill, the main is at restaurant, C&O, at the Marriott lobby and glow lounge.  This was the largest meet up I have ever attended, 32 TBs attended.  I was overwhelmed for Joy.  Eric and Lisa attended this meet up as well. There were many familiar faces from past meet ups.  I was so happy to see Jillian, Erin, and Julz again the BABs (bay area babes) and Will, I missed them terribly.

LA(MARINA DEL RAY) (5/17/2008)
  I was so drunk after 6 shots of vodka back to back. I was crawling under tables and I barely talked to anybody new. I was kinda anti social. I was looking forward to meet prissy (prissyt) she is a fellow dodger/laker fan. I was so wasted I could not sit still to talk I was all over the place. Joy had to sit on my lap to keep me still. I remember talking to Eric and Lisa about my Galapagos trip. Erin, Joy, and I dancing with Russian (cute) Jews.  All of us eating ice cream the next day, since Jillian and I were craving for it. Thanks Joy for organizing and making it happen.

HERMOSA BEACH (JUNE 7, 2008)

This meet up was kinda a blur. I organized this meet up. The pre was at the Shore, main was at Hennessey Tavern and the post was at Newport Beach. Some of us slept at Angel’s house.
LA(HERMOSA BEACH) (6/7/2008)
There were mainly locals that attended. Sebastian (skosch) from Germany, Jaime (captain-j) from Yuma, AZ,  Tim (tklies) and Zack (zlinst) from SD all newbies. Erin, Julz, Tracy, Angel and I all stay at a hotel nearby. That was fun. We all went swimming with Warren, Jaime, and Sebastian. We all got kick out of The Shore because it was a fire hazard. I was mad at Hennessey. They screwed up with my reservations. We were all scattered until after a while we were all in the same area. Alice made a chocolate mousse with the TB logo. The next day, we all hung out spectrum to play at Dave and Busters and go on a boat ride on Balboa River. There were 24 attended and 9 of them are guys.  Thanks Tracy, Jenn,  Joy, Julz, and Erin for putting up with my issues with the meet up and ME :P

KANSAS CITY (JUNE 21, 2008)

This is my first meet up outside the WEST COAST.
KANSAS CITY - (6/20/2008)
This was organized by James (peacetoyou) and Mark (travelman727), this was a fun meet up. Erin, RJ and I flew up to KC together. We had a TB meet up in the plane. It was so memorable. We were loud and hyper at 6am. Everyone looking at us sideways.  we had a long schedule I don’t remember  all the names.  It was nice to see brand spanking new TBs. There different people attending, from MN, NE, TX., AL and of course the locals.  I finally met Yadi (yadilitta) and Eric (yekcoh). Jillian warned me about Eric HEHEHE :P It was nice to see familiar faces again, Harriet and Will. I met Tim (TYoungTX) went James, Erin, RJ and I waited for him at the airport and greeted me with “nice to meet you Joy” hahaha i will let him forget that. We had a busy pre and main. We all had lunch at raglan pub then at the NCAA experience and hall of fame then at howl at the moon for happy hour , where we all danced and I was up on stage.
VEGAS III - (9/13/2008)
Then I don’t remember where we ate because I was drunk with James drinking GOOSE.  I have not talked about the main meet up yet.  There were plenty of newbies I was overwhelmed.  This was generally was a fun meet up.  there were 19 TBs attended, 11 newbies and 8 vets.  So much memorable funny moments at this meet up.  Thanks James and Mark :D

VEGAS (SEPTEMBER 13, 2008)

I am so thankful there is a meet up break after KC. I was on the verge of TB meet up burnt out. Erin and I organized this meet up. The last 2 was such a success that we were worried it was going to get out of hand. It was at 60 at one point. When I got closer to the day only 23 attended, I was having a difficult time find reservations.
TUSCON. AZ (11/8/2008)
The pre was at the blue martini, the main was at the Harley Davidson café, and the post was tap house and piano bar. Erin and I were airport shuttles for Julie (pinchora) and Brett (metsbwd). I finally met Dana (jerseygirl67). We have been chatting for months. I was looking forward to meet Louise (1morespicy), Marissa (travchick), and Colton (burner1313). It was so nice to see Wendy (travelngirl) again. There were so much new TBs I was overwhelmed. There were more international TBs on this USA meet up.  this was a meet up week, the post was the best day of the meet up week. we were at a harrah’s piano bar with crazy Chicago people. Erin and I both got tats and NO....WE DID NOT HAVE MATCHING TATS!!! :P

TUCSON (NOVEMBER 8, 2008)

Ah the last TB meet up of the year for me. This was organized by Harriet and I helped a little. The pre was at on the border grill, the main I don’t remember where we ate, after dinner we went to touchdown bar and I was a bonus that there is karaoke. There are more new TBs, I was looking forward to meet Liz (quest) from Norway and Rosie (row-zzzzz) from Canada. it was good to see Adrian, Tim and Harriet again.  It was a full weekend. All day we were in Tombstone and Bisbee, I have never been there before. Harriet did a good job organizing it. I finally met the AZ TBs. The highlight of the meet up was the VEGAS road trip. It was Erin, Melissa, Brett, and me.  We have some amazing adventures, going cactus hunting, cow on the side of the road, freaking out Erin when I overpass cars, driving on a blizzard, eating a buffalo burger on route 66. All the TBs pull over on the side of that road and have Jim (blenderboy) share his Kailua brownies and Brett’s evil NL caramel waffle cookies.  I was eating a big jerky on the way to Tombstone. There were 16 who attended.  Which is perfect size meet up, this was a very educational meet up for me.  I enjoyed this meet up very much thanks Harriet :D

mellemel8 says:
....and why is that?
jdax57 says:
You need to get out of LA more...:P
Travelbuddys says:
Hey our groupphoto from the Amsterdam Meetup is on the left mainpage now!!! Go for it!!! hahahah lol lol
Posted on: Apr 22, 2009
VEGAS III WITH ERIN, DON, ANGIE AN…
VEGAS III WITH ERIN, DON, ANGIE A…
PRE VEGAS II - (4/4/2008)
VEGAS II - HIKING IN RED ROCK (4/5…
VEGAS II - HIKING IN RED ROCK (4/…