Funky clothes and HOT curry!

Harajuku Travel Blog

So finally got to Harajuku! I've been wanting to go since we got here, but it feels like I've spent the whole time sick. It was raining, and we got there in the late afternoon, so we just wandered around with out a plan. Saw some crazy dressed kids, but everybody was on the move cause of the rain. Lots of radio stations and stores, and tons of people! We met up with a cool Korean girl I met at the Medicins sans Frontieres meeting (a dead end for the moment... but oh well), and wandered around trying to find somewhere to eat. Seems like every place we tried was closed! We found this Nepali/Indian soup curry place and decided to give it a try. The food was super tasty, but super HOT! Our friend liked it, she said she was missing the spicy food from home, I managed to eat most of it, but poor Dave ate like 1/3 and couldn't handle it anymore! He fished out the veggies and chicken and managed to eat that over the rice. Afterwards we wandered around some, got some fatty yummy crepes on Takeshita Street, and made it back to Shinagawa station on the JR to get some coffee. It was cool talking about all our different cultures, comparing American vs Cuban vs Korean vs Japanese.
cookies!