St. Maarten, Day 14

Saint Maarten Travel Blog

It was really nice to see land today.  I got off the ship and went to do some quick shopping before the excursion started.  I got a few t-shirts and spent most of the rest of my Euro’s.  It was really hot in St. Maarten and I was very thankful that I had changed my excursion to a ride rather than the hiking one that I had originally booked. So we got on a bus and went from the Dutch Capital around to the other side of the island to Marigot.  We saw a lot of sights on the way to the other side, and when we crossed over to the French side, we stopped and took pictures of the sign and the other side of the island.  Once we got to Marigot, we had about an hour to shop, and then we got on a catamaran and floated around part of the French side, then we got back on a bus and went back to Phillipsburg, to get back on the ship.  There was a musician on the boat and he played for almost the whole hour, it was really fun.  Stan  had told me that he was getting off the ship around 2 pm and would look for me, but we got back a little bit late and I couldn’t find him.  By the time we got back to the ship I was really tired so I drank some water and took a nap.  Dinner was really nice tonight, as usual.  Piano bar was fun too, and pizza then bed late.

Saint Maarten