Day 2, Sea Day

Mediterranean Sea Travel Blog

I got up at the usual time, which was good, and I went for breakfast.  I ran into the waiter from the night before and we talked for a bit, and then I got tired again and so I went back to the room for a nap.  That nap lasted about 4 hours, and then it was time for lunch.  I had a nice lunch on the Lido deck.  It was formal night for dinner, so after lunch I went and took another little nap and then got up and got ready for the dinner. I went to the Captain’s Reception, met the captain, and socialized with some people.  I have found so far that most of the people on the ship are pretty friendly.  There are some French people that haven’t seemed nice, but it is mostly retired Floridians on the ship, and me.  So when I went to dinner after the captain’s party, I was expecting for the table to be empty again except for the Italian guy.  I was pleasantly surprised to find someone at the table that spoke English so I sat at my regular table, which made the waiters very happy, and enjoyed some very pleasant conversation.  It was formal night, so we had stuffed mushrooms and lobster for dinner, and afterward I had to change so I did that and went to the show.  The show was called “The Big Easy” and it was singing and dancing to songs related to New Orleans. It was a very good show, and then I went to bed around midnight.  I seem to be adjusted to the time difference now, the only reminder of the time at home is the clock on my camera which I can’t figure out how to change.

Mediterranean Sea