Canary Islands, Day 8

Las Palmas Travel Blog

We weren’t supposed to get to the dock until about 11 but we had the good current and winds with us so we got there a couple of hours early.  I got up around 9 and had breakfast with Sasa, and then I got off the ship and walked around the general dock area for about an hour, taking pictures of the ship and the boats around that area.  The group of people that booked the bus tour today was meeting at 11:30 on the dock, but the guy didn’t show up until after 12:15, so by then I had gotten irritated and told them I was going to go on a Carnival tour, so I wouldn’t waste the whole day.  I ended up on the Island tour, which was nice.  We drove all around the perimeter of the island and saw all the major sights on that island.  We didn’t finish on time, and I didn’t have any time to shop so I didn’t get any postcards from here, and I was going to get a t-shirt for Gary, but we didn’t have time.  All in all, it was a nice day.  Dinner was nice, they had another comedian for the show, and then I went back to the piano bar after that show for a while.  We have five sea days coming up so there will be a lot of time changes and a lot of entertainment to get us across the ocean, so it will be fun.
Las Palmas