Road trip to Isle of Skye

Isle Of Skye Travel Blog

Decided to take my friend from London of a tour of Scotland since she's never been. She is originally from Czech Rep so when she saw Scotland she fell in love stating it was just like home :)

So.......I picked her up from Glasgow airport and instead of showing her Glasgow first I decided to get underway towards Tarbet just beside Loch Lomond as we had accommodation booked there and it was getting dark quite early. Arrived and the place was lovely, looking over the Loch. Got up early the next morning as I had a lot of driving to do :( So from there we headed towards Fort William (lovely place) got some souvenirs (as you do - I still do and I live here!!) from there, headed towards Fort Augustus a.k.a Loch Ness. This was a must for my friend as I'm sure every non scot wants to see the Loch and although you will figure out I'm bias about it - it is GORGEOUS! And before you monster today ;)

From there headed back down to Invergarry and then west towards Isle of Skye. As we were getting nearer, I need to say I was a kid seeing Blackpool tower for the first time...wanting to see it first. hehe (ok you can stop laughing at me now) We stayed the night in Klyeakin which is automatically off to the left when you come off the bridge. Nice wee town, but not much to do. Which suited us fine as we were up early again the next day. Headed towards Broadford but before we reached there we were heading towards Kinloch and going south towards Ardvasar cause we were getting the ferry back onto dry land. Isle of Skye was gorgeous and I would defo love to go back.

Waited in line for the ferry and once aboard headed up on the deck to get a last look at the Isle....aaahhh. Arrived on Mallaig and jumped in the car again...and we're off! Next destination....Glen Finnan! Yeehaa! Harry Potter land. But before we got there we stopped off at a wee lay by where a few others had stopped for lunch etc etc. Got talking to a guy with a telescope (Yeah a bit weird when I first stopped him but wait for it!) and he showed us.......some seals! They were lying on some rocks in the distance and I swear if you didn't have a telescope there is no way you would have spotted them! Ah bless!

Glen Finnan was tremendous! So peaceful. After a short break here started to head back home cause I was knackered!..Dropped my friend off at the airport knowing she had a blast and then proceeded to head home myself and crash on my crouch needing another break just to catch up on this one!! hehe :D

the_bill says:
The Isle of Skye is an amazing place!
Posted on: Dec 12, 2008