Kind of Like R&R

Kangaroo Valley Travel Blog

the lounge
So, in lieu of having any actually money to travel, I've settled for bartering my photography skills for free getaways.  Rod is building a website for a man who is advertising his holiday home in Kangaroo Valley as a vacation rental home, and he needed some good photos.  So it only made sense to send us up for a weekend to photograph and get a feel for the home and the town itself.  Woo hoo!  Free beautiful holiday home for a long weekend!

We rented a car and heading south from Sydney travel guide">North Sydney.  This presented such a problem!  There are separate tolls for all the highways running around the city and it just confused the crap out of us.
the fireplace
  You can't pay for many of them in cash so there's this stupid process of calling the different phone numbers to pay via credit card.  You can get a visitor's pass but we didn't find out about this until later.

Plus, the highway signs weren't very clear.  Instead of indicating which lanes kept you on the highway, it would simply tell you the direction it was heading by indicating the next suburb or town.  And exits were never called exits - they just looked like forks in the highway!  So highway signs would read something like "this way to Randwick" and "this way to Airport".  We never wanted to go to either choice!  Very confusing because we're new to Sydney and don't know all the names of the little suburbs!  We didn't want to drive to Randwick or to the airport, we wanted to drive south to leave the city.  Can't the signs just read "M5 Southbound" or "Exit to Randwick"?  Would be much simpler!

In any case, we made it safely to Kangaroo Valley.  It's a little quaint town with cute cafes and and a fudge shop.  There are also several water falls in the vicinity, walking trails, and a river where you can rent a canoe or kayak.  We didn't get to experience any of these things.  I spent the whole weekend shooting away!  The house was bigger than I thought it would be!  There were 3 bedrooms, a lounge, a kitchen with another lounge area, a bathroom, a large outdoor patio and two porches.  Beautiful place.  Tons of natural light.  Large windows everywhere.  Small french doors in several rooms leading outside.  There were lots of interesting books lying around and little bits of interesting features to the house such as the old wood-burning fireplace or the the funky stove.

So I went to Kangaroo Valley, didn't see much of it, and I'd like to go back.  How's that for a travel blog entry? :)
Kangaroo Valley