Finally Working

Sydney Travel Blog

Got me some work.  Only freelance assisting so far, but it's a start.  I managed to get onto the current roaster of a commercial studio here in Sydney and this particular studio has a very consistent client keeping them busy.

The client is a big chain store that specializes in low budget (read: super cheap) goods.  So basically it means that although a recession sucks for some, it's a money maker for others.  But you get what you pay for!  I once had the pleasure of assisting on a particular shoot with this client where we were shooting one of the store's "wood" office desks.  When I went to move the thing, it actually collapsed on itself!  I mean complete collapse!  The side boards came out of the brackets holding it to the side wall and the weight of the table top threatened to demolish the entire structure.  Good thing one of us was holding on to it at the time.  I had to duct tape the insides of the table to keep it from falling apart!  So much for screws.  But I guess screws are useless when you're drilling into cardboard...

But in any case, I'm working on average 2-3 days a week which is pretty decent because these are freelance wages.  I'm making rent next month - Woo Hoo!
Sydney