Yep, I'm Moving.

Toronto Travel Blog

I'm knee deep in packing mod at the moment.  It's really not fun.  I'm trying to pack my life into two checked luggage pieces and one carry-on.

But the clock is ticking and whether I'm ready or not, I'm getting on that plane to Sydney.  Those who know me well don't really find it surprising that upon arriving back home from a 7 month trip through India, Nepal, and Thailand, I announced my decision to move to Sydney, Australia.

Why Australia?  What do I like about Sydney?

For one, the lack of bitter, cold, icey snow.  I may have a decent threshold for cold, but it doesn't mean I like living through long Canadian winters.  I'm really a summer person and I hear the land of Oz has plenty of sun.

I've never actually been to Australia, but I figure this is just a formality.  After all, when it comes down to it, all big cities are essentially the same, especially westernized ones.  This really shouldn't be that difficult.

Just a pain in the ass to organize.

And I really should be busy packing but instead I'm procrastinating by starting up this blog.  I figure I've still got about 28 hours til I need to be at the airport.

mangotree22 says:
What I would give to escape Canadian winters!!!!! Lucky you! Hope you're enjoying your new home :)
Posted on: Nov 14, 2011
Transitory says:
so brave!
Posted on: May 26, 2009
Connie says:
So far living in Sydney has been absolutely lovely. The weather has been awesome and there has been so much to do and see just in Sydney alone.
Posted on: Mar 07, 2009