EuropeFranceLyon

LYON-VENEZIA-ROMA-NAPOLI in one day!

Lyon Travel Blog

Costiera Amalfitana

As our first  morning Alitalia flight to Napoli via Milano was cancelled,some hours later,we had the pleasure to admire from the airport,  again during a lot of hours the  gorgeous Venitian skyline(as for our suitcase,it has preferred to laze in Roma).

Finally arrived in Napoli,we went to Alitalia lost and found office where an unfriendly guy gave us....a phone number.We were dropped by the shuttle to Hertz office and took our car,without checking ,and drove on the evening to our hotel .

As I had chosen a portentous !! and cheap accomodation in the North suburbs of the city,far from the Airport,we had fortunately  a lot of time to savour the huge piles of garbage gathering for weeks along the side of the streets before reaching our hotel.

our car on the Amalfi coast

After some purchases(tooth brush,paste,tissue...) in a pharmacy,we walked one kilometer along the Paediatric Hospital and the colourful and aromatic garbage to have a dinner in a shady pizzeria ,the only restaurant around!

Back to the hotel at night,I learn ,that our suitcase was in Roma and the guy says to me :if you want  to get your suitcase quickly:go to Roma or wait for to morrow afternoon and you have to  collect it at the airpaort because Alitalia doesn't deliver any suitcase!!!!

I spent nearly half a day to collect it!Though I'm accustomed to the Napolitan driving(I used to drive there in the seventies with an Alfaromeo..) ,I spent hours on the  suburban motorways..

As I had planned to only have a glance on the Napoli city,in particular on the Gabinetto Segreto of the National Archaelogical Museum,we can thank Alitalia to have given to Danielle,for her first trip there, an interesting but  partial view of the Napoli's city!

After 2 Napolitan nights,we drove in the morning to Pompei and Amalfi coast.

tanzentina says:
sounds like you're a little frustrated:). hope the trip gets better for you.
Posted on: Nov 23, 2008