The first hike of the year - wildflowers and lupines blooming in early May

Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area Travel Blog

So one of my resolutions when I moved to the magnificent Pacific NW was to get out as much as I can whilst the weather was good. Or scratch that, just get out as much as I can. I traded my Dallas shopping days at Sports Authority and malls to shopping for water resistant, water proof and wind proof gear at REI. So yeah, I have fit in quite well. I can say this 2.5 yrs after making my move.

So my official first "hike" this year was the "Hike of the week" as recommended by the all-pervasive authority on WA hiking, The area was one you can't go wrong with - the Columbia River area that's famed for its series of picture perfect (and weirdly named) waterfalls. So if this natural reserve was anything to go by, perhaps it'll be as nice as the waterfalls themselves.

So the drive... geez it was long! We basically crossed the WA-OR border, went into OR and came back to WA by the river gorge. Plus it was way too sunny - yes I know

TB Cont'd

HelenP says:
What a truly beautiful place Vikram. The flowers and sky are almost too bright to be real. Thanks for sharing.
Helen P
Posted on: May 11, 2013
cimtech says:
Thank you for sharing, Wild flowers are also beautiful !
Posted on: May 07, 2013
TB_Weet says:
So beautiful that it's surreal :)
Posted on: May 06, 2013