Field Museum, B'ajai Temple and Evanston

Chicago Travel Blog

Waiting for the subway
The day started with us taking the CTA to Field Museum. We were right in time for the opening of the museum. And we spent a good 5-6 hours inside. My favourites were the African exhibits, and the Mammals section. Esp those Tsavo lions. Besides that, the Egyptian exhibit I thought was a bit overrated. We had lunch there itself courtesy the Corner Bakery. That was good stuff.
We got done by 4pm, and just stood outside by the lake harbour. Very impressive shots of the Chicago skyline. Posed for lots of fotos, watched ppl picnicing there with barbeques and stuff. The weather again was great, and ideal for a good bike ride by the bay , had only my legs not been paining THAT MUCH! :-)
After all this, back to some pleasant times. We went to................
View of downtown en route to museum
where else but EVANSTON again!!!
Gosh! I just loved this place. We walked along the lake, we went to Kellogg's Biz School and also to the B'ajai Temple. That was beautiful. There was a wedding going on. The temple had some great pic opportunities. (outside of course, photography not permitted inside although I saw tons violating that rule!).
We wrapped up around 8p and went towards the Schaumberg area for the premiere Indo-Chinese restuarant in town - "Hot Wok". It was one of the best Indo-Chinese places I've gone to. It was crowded, but cute waitresses and the food was excellent. The masala seemed very authentic, reminded me almost of the food we get back home.
Had an early night that night. Slept by 10:30pm itself.
westwind57 says:
When I just mentioned in my other comment NW suburb, that was Schaumburg. You may have seen those two dark blue office towers, next to Woodfield Mall...
Posted on: Sep 24, 2012