AsiaVietnamHanoi

Hanoi City Tour

Hanoi Travel Blog

the tour group.
So I signed up for the Hanoi city Tour with the Hotel. Not that I would normally do that, but what the heck, the city still confuses me. I'm still trying to take it all in. What better way to have an introduction to the city than a group tour...

It was quite a small group actually. Just me, Trisa - the Malaysian tag-along wife who's husband is on business trip; the middle-aged Montreal couple who were so inquisitive and curious about everything; the american guy who had this pet vietnamese girl, so talkative by the way; and 2 south Korean businessmen, in business suits - stop, wait-a-minute why are they on the day tour?!?!

Anyway, it was quite a fun day as I got to meet these different characters and spend much of the day with them - although the viet girl was somehow getting annoying.
Prim and Proper Road hustler
I Trisa and I had a lot to talk about each other - mostly they're about food. I really like her. I think she is a cool mom.

We started the tour with a visit to Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum. I would have to say that was quite a surreal experience - creepy but nice! Before we got into the complex, the tour guide said bags are not allowed, so he had me leave my bag on the bus. Now that I think about it, that was quite a stupid Idea. I really didn't get to enjoy much of the Ho Chi Minh complex because I kept thinking about my bag growing legs and walking away by itself. And yes, I got no pics of the Mausoleum, the stilt house, the palace, and the one pillar pagoda. B-R-A-V-O. I have to admit I got pissed off a bit why I listened to him. I knew that there's no picture-taking inside the mausoleum, but according to my research, as long as you don't go inside, the bag is good to go along with you.
at the Temple of Literature
Dumb tour guide. Anyway, I don't want to be so upset about it. I have a week in Hanoi. I can go back and take pictures of those I've missed.

After lunch, we headed on to the Temple of Literature and then finally to the Museum of Ethnology where I had experimenting with my new ultra-wide angle lens! I can't wait to work on those pictures.

We headed back to the hotel around 3 PM, but since my hotel is just a 5 minute walk to Hoen Kiem Lake, I went to see the famous bridge and temple on the lake. Oh, and It was my first time to cross the street with all those crazy hanoi motorists - should I stay or should I go? hmmm.... no time to think... GO!

After dinner, it's time to go to Handspan office and get myself ready for Sa Pa.

see ya later!
ckwai7 says:
No bags allowed? Sheesshh. I dont like parting with my belongings either. :(

Go back and visit those you missed!
Posted on: Dec 05, 2008
at the Temple of Literature
helmets must be lucrative business…
helmets must be lucrative busines…
Museum of Ethnology.