AsiaVietnamHanoi

Back In Ha Noi

Hanoi Travel Blog

shake shake, shake shake shake shake it!
The train back to Hanoi was better than the one going to Sa Pa, or maybe I was just so damn tired that I got to sleep well on the Train. When I woke up we were entering Ha Noi already - It was quite earlier than I expected! Before heading down, Carol and I exchanged contact details. I then met up with Cosy and her boyfriend on the Platform and got into a cab, splitting the fare between us. We had ourselves dropped off at St. Joseph's Cathedral planning to have early coffee, but nothing was open yet so we just walked to our hotels respectively.

Since I was up already that early, I decided that it would be the perfect time to watch Ha Noi wake up as well.
most wonderful lunch ever!
I geared up at the hotel and headed on to the lake - watching the sunrise from there and getting a good idea of what goes on lake-side at this very early hour. Despite how cold it was, man there was a look of people up early to exercise... jogging here, tai-chi there; badminton games in one corner, aerobics on the other. There was so much going on, it's just amazing taking it all in! Watching the city wake up is a must for everyone who visits Ha Noi. I highly recommend it. It really is one way of getting to know the city and it's people intimately.

I so much wanted to catch up on sleep, but at the back of my mind - there's no time to waste at the hotel. I headed to the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum once again just to get shots there since I missed out on that during the city tour. While I was taking a self-portrait, this local girl approached me and said "Can I help me?" I was perplexed.
Sunset by the Hoan Kiem Lake.
It took me a few seconds to figure out what she actually meant: "can i help you take your pic". I gladly obliged.

One thing I noticed about the Vietnamese is that they are such warm and friendly people... and very helpful too. That's why even with the language barrier, there's no reason to be worried about getting around by yourself. There's always someone who will help you along the way be it fellow travelers or locals. The Vietnamese are very good at that. I'm just in love with the Vietnamese people. I really think they are very good and lovely people.

I also did a second visit to the Temple of Literature which was quite more pleasant since there were not a lot of people when I got there. By lunch time I discovered this really good sidewalk eatery just a few steps away from the hotel. I got so curious about what the guy was BBQing, that I had to try it! Man, that lunch was the best lunch I've had in Hanoi!

After freshening up and a little rest at the hotel (my feet were really killing me by this time). I went out again, this time to watch the Sunset by the lake. As the city started to turn on it's lights, I then went on to position myself at KFC's Alfresco overlooking the lake. Sweet!

By early evening I was dead-tired already that I got to sleep well in my little hotel room. zzzzzzz....
jegs76 says:
dapat mong mag-join them at exercises!
Posted on: Dec 15, 2008
shake shake, shake shake shake sha…
shake shake, shake shake shake sh…
@ The Temple of Literature