Tue - Thur just enjoying the snow and country life - so quiet... shhhhh

Mancelona Travel Blog

more snow!!!
Well, what can I say about the country life style, mmm. It's soooo quiet... I needed time to disconnect from the city life and God knows I got it, haha. Maybe too much??? We haven't been going around the different places, since I have already been in the area just July and it was so cold, brrrrr. But even though we had fun.

What was I doing during the days? Mmm, twice a week Eric had Hockey practice. I joined him, although it meant waking up around 6am, when it was so dark and the jeep was cold. OMG! It was freezing there. I had to take a blanket with me the second time, haha.

We met one of his best friends for lunch and went to the movies after that. It was fun, but I was quiet, too strange for me. Yadi quiet? Mmm, something is wrong, haha.
a TB addict
Well, we had a long drive to talk about it ;)

Although I was on vacation I was checking my work's email daily and daily had emails to reply. Good I did that; otherwise I will be replying work's emails until now, noooooooo. I didn't have time to update my blog, but I was checking my TB account daily - an addict!!! and was in touch with friends. One day, because of the snow we lost internet and I felt as I was dying haha. Eric was making fun of that, "Girl, what would have been your life like without internet?" A good question ;)

One afternoon, I was inside the house and Eric told me, we would take a drive around the farm in the jeep. Cool! I took my camera, my jacket, gloves and was ready. He wanted to show me the pond. I remember it from last summer.
help!!!!
Of course now it was frozen. Nevermind, we were close to it and oh, oh! a strange noise. We got stuck!!! Eric was just saying: "I should have put the chains..." He tried and tried, but nothing happened, so let's get some help. In the meanwhile I would go back to the house. Sure, I had to be careful in my way back to the house, since the snow was soft and I could sink.

Eric went to look for something and I was going back home, when he said the keys were inside the keys and I should get them. Ok, no problem, I started to go back and tried to open the door at his side and it was locked, no!!!! Ok, I will go to the otherside. I was forgetting, when I left the jeep I did it through Eric's door, since mine was covered with snow. Nevermind, luckily my door was open, yay!!! I got the keys and started walking again. By the way I was walking slow, didn't want to fall down haha. Then Eric showed up asking me what was taking me so long, pffff. Finally I arrived to the house and he went to the neighbours to ask for help. They couldn't help him, but couldn't help either to laugh about the situation, haha. At the end Eric had to call AAA and told them he was stuck in his property, :P It took longer to them to arrive than to fix the problem, yay!

So glad they could make it even when it was already dark. Tomorrow Eric had hockey and needed the car really early...
all the streets were so white
all the streets were so white
white was the color of these days
white was the color of these days
it was deeper than it appeared...
it was deeper than it appeared...
brrrrr