And more!

Cinque Terre Travel Blog

We woke up kind of early and got dressed in our beach attire.  We took the train out to Vernazza this time and spent the day laying out by the beautiful water and soaking in the atmosphere.  When the we got too hot, we jumped into the clear blue water.  When I was jumping in I would always forget that it was ocean water I was jumping into - I'm not used to salt water being so clear you can see right to the bottom.

We decided to indulge our craving for some gelato and stopped into one of the Gelaterias in town.  Mi piace molto il gelato!!  I always like to try different flavors, but this time I couldn't resist getting my tried and true fragola e cioccolato.  We sat in the shade as we tasted the deliciousness of our gelato, watched the Italian families go by with their little children, and listened to all the different languages being spoken around us.

The sun was going down, so we decided to head back to Corniglia and get cleaned up.  That night we had some great pizza for dinner from this little pizza shop right down the road from our pensione.  We stayed in that night talking about our journey so far and excited about leaving for France the next day.  Little did we know what was in store for us.

Sunset :)