A Not So Fun Adventure

Turin Travel Blog

Originally we were supposed to arrive in Torino at 11AM, but we don't even get into Torino until 11pm.  And, once we arrived in Torino, Erin and I had a pleasant little surprise waiting for us - a taxi sciopero!!  Just our luck.  However, this is the exact moment where our luck turned around.  There was a nice man at the station, waiting for his daughter to arrive, he didn't speak much english, but since I know Italian we were able to roughly understand each other.  He said that he would gladly drive us to our hotel, and boy were we relieved!!!  We had NO IDEA where the hotel was or how to get there from the station.

He dropped us off and his daughter pointed us directly to where the address of the hotel was.  We buzzed the door and a very sleepy looking man let us in and directed us to our room.  Our stay in Torino was brief and since we lost a whole day of sight seeing we didn't get to see much (plus I think we were a little afraid of public transportation at this point).  However, we made it out of Torino alive and ON TIME for our train to Cinque Terre, the next stop on our journey!!

photo by: aleksflower