More Cinque Terre

Cinque Terre Travel Blog

On our hike

The next day we wake up early to get ready for our hike out to Vernazza.  The trail was not very difficult, but we stopped every 5 minutes it seemed like to take yet another photo of the gorgeous Ligurian landscape.  We made our way through the trail fairly easily.  I loved just letting the beauty that surrounded me soak in.  Just when I think Erin was about to boycott this hike we come upon the most beautiful scene - the town of Vernazza with the deep blue, ocean backdrop.  Since we were so close to our destination, she agreed to go on.

Once we get into the town we walk around a little bit and looked in all the little shops, there was a great little market where we bought fruit and pastries.

After gaining some more energy, I convince Erin we should hike to the next town, Monterosso.  This hike was just as great as the other, but a little more difficult, still very easy to accomplish.  As we were nearing Monterosso (seriously 10 more steps on the "stair case" to go), Erin's clumsiness sets in and she slips on a step and slides down to the next landing.  Could have been much worse, but to this day she still says she fell down a mountain.

After arriving in Monterosso we looked around a bit, but we wanted to hurry back to Corniglia because we were getting hungry.  We bought a train ticket back to Corniglia, and when we got back, we stopped by a little restaurant and ordered some pasta.  We were exhausted from the day, so we went to bed very early.

Vernazza!
Vernazza!
This trip was right after Italy wo…
This trip was right after Italy w…
After she fell