Liam Appears

Cholula Travel Blog

After a pretty solid sleep i awoke this morning to liam busting into my room, he had just arrived from his own epic journey from antigua, guatemala. I managed to get myself out of bed so yosha, jess, liam and i could mssion a couple of blocks to the zocalo(town square) for breakfast, i thoroughly enjoy spending time in the zocalo it has an awesome atmosphere with its many cafes and people going about their morning business.

Afterwards we took a short stroll along the cobble stonned steets back past jess and yosha's place to the hill on the block next to theirs which has a gigantic pyramid burried under it. Not long after we started climbng the stairs to a church the spaniards built upon the not so visible pyramid, we started falling short of breath, the altitude really gets you once you start excercising.

The top greeted us with an awesome view of the city and the volcano, we hung up there for awhile and watched the city do its thing.

We needed some supplies for dinner so off to the market we went, many a coulorful fruit and kinda gross looking meat stall to choose from, the meat shops i'll just say probably wouldn't meet certain standards that we have in Aus but thats how they roll, so we got some vege's & chicken for a thai green curry.

Dinner was tasty and very filling but i told myself i still had room for beer, jess and yosha's neighbour and his girlfriend came over for a few beverages and a whole heap of chin wagging until it was time for sleep.

photo by: Biedjee