Dazed & Confused

Antigua Travel Blog

Leaving escondido was hard but it was definitly time. In and out of sleep, on and off of buses for a period of almost 18hrs i stepped off the last bus in guatemala city after being rolled for about $50 by some very hectic and annoying guatemalans at the border i didn't want to have to deal with trying to get myself to antigua so i said hey to some other gringos on the bus who turned out to be heading that way, they said i could share a cab with them. Turns out they actually live in antigua and work for a not profit organisation helping disadvantaged kids and know the area really well so they helped me out with directions and places to stay champions!!!! Got to a hostel the black cat ate one of the better club sandwhiches ever (maybe it was that i had not eaten for over 24hrs) and just laid on my bed for the remainder of the night chating with my champion room mates who made me laugh for a good 3hrs straight which was awsome cause it was the first time i had ever been by myself travelling it gave me a good view of the many months ahead of traveling by myself.....
Antigua