North Conway

North Conway Travel Blog

Beautiful Mt. Washington
We visited North Conway in 2005 when we stayed at the Swiss Chalet Village and again in 2006 with friends when we rented a nice condominium unit.

There is so much to do in North Conway and the surrounding area.  Nestled in the White Mountain National Forest and boasting the tallest peak in the eastern USA (Mount Washington), you will find plenty of activities for a great getaway. Whatever lodging you prefer, from Hotels to Inns, Campgrounds to Bed &Breakfast's, and even resorts, you will definitely find just what you are looking for.

There is plenty of dining in North Conway to satisfy every palette.  Horse Feathers located right in the town center is very good for casual dining.
Ice Skating
  If you're looking to kick back and enjoy a drink and listen to live music, head over to The Shannon Door Pub in the neighboring town of Jackson, NH, they also have great pizza!

If you enjoy shopping, you will be thrilled with all the options at the Settlers Green Outlet Village and White Mountain Outlet Stores.  There are over 60 stores.  You can visit their website at www.settlersgreen.com.  And the best part is shopping in New Hampshire is TAX FREE!

In North Conway, NH and the surrounding area, you will found almost any activity that you can think of.  Skiing, Snowboarding, Ice Skating, Mountain hiking and climbing, camping, horseback riding, kayaking, Sleigh rides and so much more.  There are also museums, theme parks and mini-golf among other things.  No matter what you are looking to do, North Conway, NH makes for a great vacation!
mistyleatherneck says:
Wow, I remember North Conway NH. I went there on my honeymoon in Oct 1998. Went horseback riding, saw how beautiful the fall foilage is and of course the Kangamanga (sp?) highway/expressway. I also made many trips up there while I was stationed in RI from 1998 to 2001. I remember riding the train and seeing Santa too. !!!
Posted on: Nov 24, 2008
Our condo...its snowing!
Our condo...it's snowing!
The White Mountains
The White Mountains
Joe outside of our cute Bavarian-s…
Joe outside of our cute Bavarian-…
At The Shannon Door Pub