The 43 hour day

San Diego Travel Blog

The 43 hour day

We left the hotel in Queenstown at 11;15 am for the airport and after 18 hours of traveling we arrived at 10;30 am on the same day.  Now that’s awesome, almost a “Beam me up Scotty” type process.  Traveler’s Note: It’s a ten minute walk from the domestic to the international terminal in Auckland so take the shuttle bus if your luggage is hard to transport.

For the first time I took absolutely no photos for an entire day of travel (remarkable when you remember that it was a 43 hour day).

Saying good bye to the rest of the tour group was difficult after traveling with them for a week and a half but my husband and I were ready to be in San Diego for a few days.   I tried to stay awake and talk while he drove from LA to San Diego but just couldn’t do it.  Luckily he managed to stay awake and even drove in the right direction.

We had reservations in what I’d thought would be a picturesque old hotel in San Diego.  It was all those things but not quite what I’d expected.  The hotel desk manager was Joe, who was very nice but my husband refused to walk around unless I was there to protect him.  We walked to University Street and found dinner at San Phillipe.  Talked to David and Wyatt (who has just bought a 30 foot boat).

San Diego