AsiaIndiaCochin

Day Three - Marari Beach Resort

Cochin Travel Blog

Breakfast before we left the resort

Our final morning in the Lake Palace resort was a hectic one. We woke up quite early, and had a proper South Indian buffet style breakfast complete with a bit of continental as well. We walked around the resort and took pictures at a few places before our boat came to pick us up.

The ride on the boat was about an hour before we reached land, where a car was waiting to take us to the Marari Beach Resort. The drive was about 2 hours again. The weather was good, and I couldn't help but marvel how different Kerala is compared to Karnataka. The roads are a lot cleaner and better organised.

We reached Marari a bit after noon, and by Joe it's huge! Like totally huge! And so many tourists! By the time we checked in at the front desk, about 2 big luxury buses of European  travellers arrived (mostly from France, je sais Francais), it was almost like Thailand pt2.

Walking around the resort
  Lunch was delicious, such a widespread of food. And Kerala being a coastal state is known for its rich history of seafood combined with French and Portuuguese influences, as well as good ole Indian spices and coconut.

After lunch, we checked into our lovely room (a separate cottage, note) and it was lovely. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the room. After a small nap, we went on a guided tour of a nearby garden where they grow ayurvedic herbs that are used for curing arthritis and asthma. It was interesting listening to the guide explaining how the most common weed-like plant in that garden had great medicinal value. I have to say the garden by itself was most unassuming. On any other day, it looked like a badly unmowed neighbour's lawn with herbs, trees and shrubs of different heights where the rest of the street is waiting for the neighbours to come back from their holidays and start trimming and pruning again.

... that's how the garden was! But apparently the garden itself is worth so many Rupees due to the uniqueness of most of the plants grown here (as in, unavailable even in other parts of India).

It was about sunset when the tour got over, so..... like noble respectable seaside resort citizens, we headed to the beach! I let loose in the water way through and after sunset. Around 8pm or so, we went for  dinner, went for a late night walk around the resort and slept by 11pm.

I really really wish I'd spent a longer time in this resort, 1 day just is NOT ENOUGH!

aindriana says:
Hahaha ur comment about the garden is so funny
Posted on: Jan 10, 2015