It's all a Go!

Tanzania Travel Blog

Karibu (Welcome) to my blog about my adventure to Tanzania!

Well, I just found out yesterday that I will be going to Tanzania for sure!  How exciting!  I figured now would be as good a time as any to start my blog... this is such a new world for me, very strange.  Hopefully I can use it effectively to keep you all informed about my trip!

It's a little over 2 months until my departure date and I'm already super excited! I'm right in the thick of things when it comes to pre-departure planning, most of my vaccinations are done, a little over half of my program fee has been paid, several documents required by YCI have been sent off and received, but... 2 more vaccinations (out of 9 total, NOT including my Malaria pills!), flights to book, funds to raise, Emergency First Aid/CPR Level A course to take, and the possibility of post YCI volunteer travel to consider.  Oh yeah, and a new language (Swahili) to learn! Lots to do and not much time left to make it all happen, especially with Christmas coming up and work which makes it difficult to plan ANYTHING! I know it will all come together and can't wait for the time to come to board my flight to Tanzania!!!

I don't know when I'll be writing in this again but thanks for checking it out and I'll try to keep you updated between this and my Facebook group!

P.S. I'll also try to post my newest favorite Swahili word or phrase with every post!

Jina langu ni Gina!! (My name is Gina!!)

Dancr says:
My wife & I befriended a student from Tanzania when she came to Canada. She has since returned home and we want to visit her someday. We look forward to reading your blogs and seeing some pictures of your travels. Good luck and enjoy!
Posted on: Nov 15, 2008