Liverpool

Liverpool Travel Blog

up we go!

Every year at Valentine's day we go away for 2 days to celebrate it. In 2007 we went to Liverpool! My mother was a real fan of the Beatles and I always wanted to go there with her. But unfortunatly she passed away a couple of years ago. So I went with my husband instead. I think she was with us those days and enjoyed it as much as we did.

For the first time we flew with Easyjet. We wanted to try it out because it was a very cheap flight. Everything went well, no delay so we we're lucky! We had a small hotel downtown Liverpool and we checked in early so we had the hole day to explore the city. First we walked to the beautiful Anglican cathedral of Liverpool which is the largest one of Europe.

our sweet little hotel
 It is designed by Sir Gilbert Scott and it's construction took from 1904-1978. The inside is even more beautiful. We lighted a candle for my mum and after that we walked to Liverpool's Chinatown. It has a nice entrance I must say. Then we walked to the docks and the river Mersey. We had great weather, the sun was shining but it was cold though, but that didn't matter to us. It was lovely. We took some photo's here and did the very touristic bustour of the Beatles. The magical mystery tour, to see the most famous places of the Beatles like Penny Lane and Strawberry Field etc. Well, if you're in Liverpool you'll have to see this too, so we did. It was a nice bustour, we saw a lot, also of the nice surroundings of Liverpool. I can really recommend it. At the end of the bustour we get out near the famous "Cavern club" where the Beatles played so many times! We took a couple of drinks there, a band was busy to prepare to play there that evening. It is a small cellar but very cosy! I can imagine that many bands want to play here. A lovely experience! After that we went to the nice Irish pub/restaurant O'neill's (ofcourse I found another irish pub haha) where after a couple of pints, we got hungry. So Wim took a 80z Sirloin Steak and Chips and I went for the Fish and Chips, hmmmmm  And after a great day in Liverpool we slowly walked through the center and went to our hotel (hotel Aachen on Mount pleasant) for a good night sleep!

bernard69 says:
street of old house of Ringo Starr
street of old house of Ringo Starr
a pub called Cavern Pub
a pub called Cavern Pub
the real Cavern Club where the Bea…
the real Cavern Club where the Be…
So small!!!
So small!!!
Liverpool Hotels & Accommodations review
affordable hotel in the center of Liverpool
This hotel is located in the center of Liverpool at Mount pleasant near Lime street train station where the buses stopped comming from the airport so … read entire review