Quick Trip to Grannies place

Cebu Travel Blog

view from the top of the mountain

A day after my birthday! We decided to get out of town, so we decided to visit grannies place in Badian, even though I was there twice this summer but hey I always love going there.  The waterfalls is paradise. Stefi, who is by the way extending her stay in Phils. was always on the go for an out of town escapade volunteered to drive. So, i packed the camping tents as we dont really know where we are going to stay for the night.  Stefi doesnt really like to sleep in my grannies place as its a very old house and she feels that its haunted (whatever!). So, we head off at 6.30am to avoid traffic and at least get there before lunch so we can still enjoy the water.  Alan was driving until Stefis place and then Stefi took over the wheels.

the river that leads us to the waterfalls

We drove towards the southern part of Cebu, took 3 hours to reach, when we arrived Badian (my mothers birthtown) I called Dotdot (my cousin) to tell her that we are in town.  Immediately she came to see us at Grannies place. She then took us to a new grill place ( I forgot the name of the resto).  The place is nice and the staff very friendly (although, it seem to be so familiar as if my cousin owns the place). Anyway, we were given the best service we could ask for.  Then, we told Dotdot we are not staying at grannies so, we just wanted to go and find a room for us to sleep overnight near the waterfalls.  At first we decided to stay in the waterfalls but then it was almost dark when we reach the Matutinao (its the name of the place where Kawasan falls is located.

2nd level waterfalls
), we had Crista (stefi's 2 yrs old daughter) with us, it would be difficult to take her to the waterfalls when its dark.

Dotdot suggested that we will stay just around Matutinao, we saw a place with cottages called La Playa, they had available cottages for us overnight.  Its a huge cottage with two bedrooms and a shower, bath and toilet and just fronting the beach. We bargained for the price a bit, it was supposed to be 30USD for a night but we managed to get it for 16USD.  So, we paid them full and happy to get the receipt - hey the manager might changed her mind the next day! hehehe.  Stefi and I decided for dinner that night while Alan was not on an eating mode. After we had something to eat, Stefi, myself with crista laid out our huge beach towel just in front of the cottage on the beach where our feet were touching the water.

Alan and Crista
  The tide was going up so we were moving slowly up closer to the cottage.  It was a very peaceful night and the stars were apparent and beautiful above us.  The sound of the waves rushing to us was melodic.  Alan joined us and we were just chatting forever, until we have to put Crista to sleep. It was about 3.30am when we decided to get in the cottage and jump into bed.  We left the windows open, however, the mosquitoes were unbelievable.  Even after putting on mosquito lotion...gush! they just dont leave you alone.  I hardly slept that night...

At 6.30am Crista was already awake and was ready to run to the beach.  The tide was low so you can really see a huge stretch of sand (something we didnt see when we came).

Alan persuading me to Jump!
  The only thing is that the water is not that clear when its not high tide. And the corals are exposed! At 8.30am Stefi was already shouting at me to get up. Alan was still sound asleep when I joined Stefi and Crista.  so, we made breakfast and woke Alan.  We were planning for to spend the whole day in the waterfalls.  so we are all excited about it.  Although , I have been there during the summer like two times - I still got excited at the thought of going there again.

view from the top of the mountain
the river that leads us to the wat…
the river that leads us to the wa…
he thought I will jump
he thought I will jump
Finally Im not! So give up!
Finally Im not! So give up!
Cebu