Going Home

Lapu-Lapu City Travel Blog

on the plane

Flew from Male to Kuala Lumpur, then took a plane from KL to Kota Kinabalu, the flight was full of surfers I can see the excitement in their eyes.  Couldnt seem to wait to get to the place.  From Kota we flew to Mactan, Cebu - my hometown. We arrived around lunch time, but it was a bit cloudy. My brother fetch us up at the airport.

Our trip was to go diving as much as possible. Alan needed to get his PADI licenses to be able to dive with me. My purpose of going home was to get away for my birthday.  In the Maldives - well in the place I work they have the tradition of smashing eggs on your head when the clock stikes midnight on your birth anniversary.  I didnt have this experience before but I dont want to find out if its true or not.  Better safe than sorry.

The whole time we were spending the holiday on the beach and dive. I went to see my dive friends Noi emy, Yoyon, Jingo and others.  On the same time there was the International Clean Up Day so we have participated in the event, which usually falls in September every year.  It was fun with a purpose felt like somehow you did something worthwhile.  Two weeks went so quickly and I have to go back to my shoe box size office.

clean up day, alan, me and jingo